Certificate III Brick and Block Laying
Brick laying is one of the trades highest in demand. It is also very well paid in Australia.
MIBT offers the Certificate III Brick and Block Laying course using our unique on-line training system which allows you to learn the theory on-line and practice the skills on the work-site without having to travel. Get trained on-site no matter where you live.
Apprenticeship training is subsidised in NSW by the NSW Government, Qld funding provided by User Choice and ACT funding available through Skilled Capital Program.
Please contact us for more information on enrolment costs for your State or Territory and eligibility criteria.
This course can be completed by any brickie, anywhere in the world.
Contact us for more info about the brick-laying course.
NSW and ACT : 1300 642 457 QLD: 0430 226 440
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
- 27 units of competency:
- 21 core units
- 6 elective units
- CPCCCA3002A Carry out setting out
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCM2009A Carry out basic demolition
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCBL2001A Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials
- CPCCBL2002A Use bricklaying and blocklaying tools and equipment
- CPCCBL3002A Carry out masonry veneer construction
- CPCCBL3003A Carry out cavity brick construction
- CPCCBL3004A Construct masonry steps and stairs
- CPCCBL3005A Lay masonry walls and corners
- CPCCBL3006A Lay multi-thickness walls and piers
- CPCCBL3009A Install flashings and damp proof course
- CPCCBL3010A Construct masonry arches
- CPCCBL3011A Construct curved walls
- CPCCBL3014A Install fire-rated masonry construction
- CPCCBL3001A Lay paving
- CPCCBL3007A Install glass blockwork
- CPCCBL3012A Construct fireplaces and chimneys
- CPCCBL3013A Construct masonry structural systems
- CPCCBL3015A Construct decorative brickwork
- CPCCBL3016A Construct battered masonry walls and piers
- CPCCBL3017A Carry out tuck pointing to brickwork
- CPCCBL3018A Install aerated autoclaved concrete products
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCCM3001C Operate elevated work platforms
- CPCCCO2013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
- CPCCSF2004A Place and fix reinforcement materials
- BSBSMB301A Investigate micro business opportunities
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances