Certificate III in Carpentry CPC30211
This qualification provides a trade outcome in carpentry, covering work in residential and commercial applications.
Occupational titles may include:
- Carpenter and joiner.
Carpentry apprenticeships with MIBT use cutting edge e-learning technology with fun, engaging multi-media lessons streamed direct to your PC, or tablet, saving you time, travel costs and hassle! Our highly experienced trainers come to you on the work-site, saving employers time and money.
This training is subsidised by the NSW and ACT Government. Log-in to the e-learning portal here.
The qualification has 22 core units of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as 8 specialist fields of work.
- Use carpentry tools and equipment
- Handle carpentry materials
- Carry out general demolition of minor building structures
- Carry out setting out
- Carry out levelling operations
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Plan and organise work
- Conduct workplace communication
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Carry out excavation
- Use explosive power tools
- Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- Work safely at heights
- Carry out concreting to simple forms
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Construction and erection of frames, trusses, eaves and roofs field of work
- Install flooring systems
- Construct wall frames
- Construct ceiling frames
- Erect roof trusses
- Construct pitched roofs
- Construct eaves
- Installation field of work
- Install and replace windows and doors
- Frame and fit wet area fixtures
- Install lining, panelling and moulding
- Construct timber external stairs
- Formwork construction field of work
- Construct, erect and dismantle formwork for stairs and ramps
- Erect and dismantle formwork to suspended slabs, columns, beams and walls
- Erect and dismantle jump form formwork
- Erect and dismantle slip form formwork
- Investigate micro business opportunities
- Manage small business finances
- Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground
- Construct advanced roofs
- Refurbish timber sashes to window frames
- Construct bulkheads
- Assemble partitions
- Install exterior cladding
- Install curtain walling
- Operate elevated work platforms
- Cut and bend materials using oxy-LPG equipment
- Place and fix reinforcement materials
- Install dry wall passive fire-rated systems
- Install trench support
- Enter and work in confined spaces
- Drain and dewater civil construction site
Apprenticeship training is subsidised in NSW by the NSW Government and ACT funding available through User Choice funded program.
ACT User Choice enrolment fee for apprentices $500.00.
Fee exemptions apply for target groups, please contact MIBT for more information.
$495 for eligible QLD residents. This course is funded by CSQ. To be eligible for funding you must be able to complete 80% of the course through Recognition of Prior Learning, be employed or living in Queensland. For more terms and conditions please make an enquiry
Please contact us for more information on enrolment costs for your State or Territory and eligibility criteria.
Contact MiBT 1300 642 457