Ask us how to become a qualified builder

How to Get Your Licence

Each Australian state has its’ own requirements for licensing as a builder or trades-person, but the best place to start is by getting qualified.

Licensing in New South Wales is carried out by the Department of Fair Trading.

Licensing in Queensland is carried out by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission

Licensing in South Australia is carried out by the Office of Consumer and Business Affairs

Licensing in Victoria is managed by the Building Commission

Licensing in Western Australia is carried out by the WA Building Commission

Licensing in the Northern Territory is carried out by the Building Practitioners Board

Licensing in Tasmania is carried out by the Department of Justice

Licensing in the ACT is carried out by the ACT Planning and Land Authority

In all states it is important that you have experience in the building industry. You can have your existing experience recognised through a process called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). You will also learn new skills from some of Australia’s most experienced builders and trainers. Funding and subsidised training is available in NSW and QLD.

Contact our team of professional building trainers to discuss your options and recommended pathway in your state.

Or contact Nexus Law Group_Capability Statement_Builder Licensing for more information on licensing.