Licences are required for painters in NSW, South Australia, Western Australia, and Queensland. Licences are issued by the state governments, but you need to be qualified to apply for a licence.
Certificate III Painting and Decorating is the nationally recognised qualification for painters. If you have less than 4 years experience you should complete a painting apprenticeship. If you have more than 4 years experience you can apply for recognition of your skills. This is called RPL.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
27 units of competency:
23 core units
4 elective units.
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2003B Calculate and cost construction work
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM3001C Operate elevated work platforms
- CPCCPB3026B Erect and maintain trestle and plank systems
- CPCCPD2011A Handle painting and decorating materials
- CPCCPD2012A Use painting and decorating tools and equipment
- CPCCPD2013A Remove and replace doors and door and window components
- CPCCPD3021A Prepare surfaces for painting
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCPD3022A Apply paint by brush and roller
- CPCCPD3023A Apply texture coat paint finishes by brush, roller and spray
- CPCCPD3024A Apply paint by spray
- CPCCPD3025A Match specified paint colour
- CPCCPD3026A Apply stains and clear timber finishes
- CPCCPD3027A Apply wallpaper
- CPCCPD3028A Apply decorative paint finishes
- CPCCPD3031A Implement safe lead paint and asbestos work practices in the painting industry
- CPCCPD3029A Remove graffiti and apply protective coatings
- CPCCPD3030B Apply protective paint coating systems
- CPCCPD3032A Apply advanced wallpaper techniques
- CPCCPD3033A Apply intumescent coatings
- CPCCPD3034A Apply advanced decorative paint finishes
- CPCCSP3003A Apply trowelled texture coat finishes
- BSBSMB301A Investigate micro business opportunities
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances
- LMFGG2008B Glaze/re-glaze residential windows and doors
MIBT uses the National Institute of Painting and Decorating‘s e-learning system for all assessment and training. This state-of-the-art system allows you to upload your references, your photos, previous certificates, and answer the questions completely on-line. No need to travel. No waiting, no classes, and you can start and stop whenever you like. A fully qualified painting trainer is on hand to help you if you get stuck. We automatically include free training in estimating and asbestos awareness to help kick-start your business.
On completion of the course you will be emailed a copy of your certificate the same day, meaning you won’t have to wait for it to be mailed out. This innovative feature is unique to MIBT, making us the fastest way to get your licence!
Only $2950, no hidden extras. Only $1750 for eligible NSW painters! (Free for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) Enrol and pay initial payment on-line to start immediately.
Call 0402 312234 if you would like to talk to someone first.