Built Green Program
MIBT, in partnership with the Green Building Institute, is proud to offer Australia’s first accredited on-line Green Building course. This program is designed to help young or new builders make sustainability a core focus of their business, and to help experienced builders up-skill themselves to incorporate sustainable building design and construction.
The Built Green Program consists of two units of competency:
- CPCCBC4021A Minimise waste on the building and construction site
- CPCCBC4020A Build thermally efficient and sustainable structures
The course is presented on-line, using cutting edge multi-media lessons and case studies, and is facilitated by Australia’s leading green building experts.
- appropriate use of thermal mass (noting impact of climatic conditions)
- glazing size and orientation
- orientation of building
- use of relevant construction methods
- Identify materials made from recycled products
- Engaging designers and clients
- Create and Implement Waste Management Plans
- Use practical methods to cut waste and save money
Duration: 30 hours
Availability: Anywhere, anytime, on-line. Students must have a PC or lap-top with web-cam and internet connectivity.
Requirements: Students must have good English skills, including reading, writing and numeracy. Must have access to a building site for some practical activities
Outcome: On completion learners will receive a nationally recognised qualification and be authorised to use the ‘Built Green’ logo for their business.
Enrol and pay on-line to start. Start now